Who we are
Our website address is: http://jkplab.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We limit the disclosure of your Personal Data to others, however we do need to disclose your Personal Data in certain instances and mainly to the following recipients:
- Third parties engaged by us to provide services such as administering J. K. PALB websites, applications and services (e.g. features, programs, and promotions) available to you, subject to appropriate protections;
- Credit reporting agencies/debt collectors, where permitted by the law and if we need to verify your creditworthiness (e.g. if you choose to order with invoice) or collect outstanding invoices; and
- Relevant public agencies and authorities, if required to do so by law or a legitimate business interest.
Links to Third Party Sites
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do their work such as providing customer support, processing payments, and storing data (e.g. Amazon Web Services). Any third-party vendor so used has agreed to protect the confidentiality of information provided by J. K. PALB;
- if required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or court order or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information in a form that does not directly identify you or any end users with any third parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We process your Personal Data, including any sensitive personal data that you have provided to us with your consent, to communicate with you, fulfil your purchase orders, answer your queries and provide you with communications about J. K. PALB and our products. We also process your Personal Data in order to help us comply with the law, to sell or transfer any relevant part of our business, to manage our systems and finances, to conduct investigations and to exercise legal rights. We combine your Personal Data from all sources so that we can understand you better to improve and personalise your experience when interacting with us.
What are your rights over your Personal Data?
Whenever we ask you to provide us with any Personal Data, you will be told why we need it and how it will be used. Your Personal Data will only be processed for the purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, or any other further purposes notified to you before the processing begins. If you choose not to provide Personal Data when we ask you, this may limit the services we can offer you. For example, if you do not provide your address, we cannot deliver your order.
If you share Personal Data with us, you have a right to (i) request access (i.e. to ask us what data we have about you, and obtain a copy), (ii) as for changes to be made or (iii) to have the data deleted. This can be done by logging into your account or contacting us.
- You can also opt-out of marketing communications by (i) clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in each email/SMS you might receive; (ii) changing preferences via your account or by contacting us.
- For cookies and similar technologies, you can manage your preferences through our Cookie Consent Tool in the bottom right corner of your screen and find more information in our Cookies notice.
- You may also have the right to (i) request the transfer of your Personal Data to another company; or to (ii) object to the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
Data security and retention
We use a variety of measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure, including restricting access to your Personal Data on a need to know basis and following appropriate security standards to protect your data.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data is only processed for the minimum period necessary in connection with: (i) the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice; (ii) any additional purposes notified to you at or before the time of collection of the relevant Personal Data or commencement of the relevant processing; or (iii) as required or permitted by applicable law; and thereafter, for the duration of any applicable limitation period. In short, once your Personal Data is no longer required, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.